Cambia Health Solutions, Inc.
Sr. Data Reporting Analyst
Bring your experience to a role where you will:
* Serve as a data and analytic consultant for functional business areas by collecting and analyzing operation and financial data.
* Present findings on any trends and assists business leaders with forecasting in support of evidence based decision making.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
* Keen analytical and problem solving skills.
* Proven ability to document business requirements.
* Solid oral and written communication skills.
* Advanced knowledge of health plan operations, data sources, data structures within business area.
* Knowledge of data mining tools and methods (SAS, OLAP) including server reporting services (SPSS, Minitab, Tableau).
* Knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods. (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business Objects, Crystal)
* Proven ability to design and develop reporting tools and dashboards.
* Business sense (finance, accounting, economics, risk management, public health economics, social service research or epidemiology).
* Ability to organize, plan and prioritize assignments within multiple projects.
* Must be able to work with minimal direction and be very flexible to coordinate complex activities that are often subject to rapid or extensive changes.
Additional Minimum Requirements for Data Reporting Analyst Sr.
* Highly advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
* Progressively responsible work experience in leadership roles.
* Ability to represent the division visibly in internal meetings as a leadership presence.
* Demonstrated success with project management.
* Advanced knowledge of data mining tools and methods (SAS, OLAP).
* Advanced knowledge of analytic programming tools and methods. (SAS, SQL, OLAP, Business Objects, Crystal).
* Well-developed business sense (finance, accounting, economics, risk management, public health economics, social service research or epidemiology).
* Proven ability to perform and manage difficult tasks without management assistance.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
* Data Reporting Analyst Sr. would have a bachelor s degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, computer science or related field and 7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Functions and Outcomes:
* Provides analytical support to any or all divisions of the organization by mining data, conducting analysis, and interpreting results related to business needs.
* Develops methodologies and approaches to new tasks and projects through design and development of analytical models and reports.
* Proactively identify issues and concerns to management.
* Develops knowledge of health plan operations, health plan data sources and structures, and cost containment strategies.
* Identifies problems or needed changes, recommends resolution, and participates in quality improvement efforts.
* Identifies needed reporting, assembles or directs the assembly of reports and distributes such information.
* Performs acceptance testing of new repors, programs and models.
* Documents business requirements and methods used to generate work output.
* Drives analytic innovation and best practices within Cambia.
* Actively identifies and eliminates inefficient or ineffective use of resources and provides recommendation on process improvements.
Additional General Functions & Outcomes for Data Reporting Analyst Sr.:
* Oversees and directs analysts on a project basis, and assists in the training of staff as it relates to these projects.
* Leads meetings with internal and external constituents.
* Designs, develops, and directs the performance of acceptance testing of new reports, programs and models.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions. We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members.
We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Since then, Cambia and its companies have been on a continuous journey, creating and investing in innovations designed to serve the changing needs of individuals and families in our communities and beyond. This includes nurturing and growing our wide range of Direct Health Solutions companies, as well as providing the best care possible with our Health Insurance Services companies, which insure more than 2 million people in four states.