Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance has been protecting Hoosiers for over 80 years. We have grown to include insurance products for home, auto, life, business and farm. We are committed to sharing our success with the communities we serve and support our members by being the premier provider of insurance and financial products.
Our success is ongoing and we're looking for those who will help us build the infrastructure for the next generation at Indiana Farm Bureau Insurance. Our organization is evolving; culturally, physically and technologically. As an Actuarial Analyst you'll be involved with using statistics / math to solve insurance problems. Some areas include determining the rate level needs for various lines of business, conduct data integrity and produce reports as needed in a timely manner. This position is also responsible for conducting rate comparisons of competitors.
* Prepare and verify support material needed to make rate change proposals
* Prepare competitive studies, conducts completion and verification of rate comparisons with major competitors
* Prepare and verify trending information, rate level indications, territorial adjustments, loss reserves and ratemaking data
* Might assist with loss and loss adjustment expense reserve analysis
* Requires a minimum of a College degree, with emphasis in mathematics, statistics, or finance, preferred.
* Requires a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in P&C insurance area, or relevant College studies
* A strong mathematical background is required.
* Must obtain a working knowledge of insurance data resources within 12 months. Must have ability to prepare, edit, and execute reports for monthly output. Must have visual capability to effectively operate computer systems to complete essential job functions.
* Requires ability to establish strong knowledge of Farm Bureau Agent's rate manual and overall Insurance Industry rate/product awareness.
* Requires the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, as well as handle confidential information.
* Requires the ability to set own priorities and work under limited supervision. Accuracy is critical. Multiple long-term, multifaceted project coordination abilities are required