Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking talented Life Actuarial Analyst for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses required to develop new products, project future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine financial strength. Performs moderately complex work assignments and problem resolution under limited supervision.
- Under minimal supervision, performs routine to moderately complex work assignments utilizing actuarial modeling software driven models for pricing, valuation, and/or risk management.
- Enters data and tables, runs models, and generates reports.
- May make adjustments and improvements to models, when appropriate.
- Resolves issues and identifies appropriate issues for escalation.
- Partners and serves as a key resource on projects involving cross functional actuarial areas.
- Produces reports independently with appropriate attention to detail.
- Identifies and resolves reporting problems with minimal guidance.
- Maintains proper price level, price structure, data availability and other requirements to achieve profitability and competitive goals.
- Monitors critical experience areas and identifies unfavorable trends.
- Identifies sources of gain and loss by product and assumption.
- Tests impact of assumptions and the appropriate premiums, interest margins, reserves, and cash values for profitability and viability of new and existing products.
- Bachelors Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a Degree
- 4 years relevant business or analytical experience
- 3 or more Society of Actuaries exams completed
- Successful completion of a job-related assessment may be required
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience with Moodys (GGY) AXIS
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
assistance is not
for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have managers approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates
to apply to the opening is 04/18/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?