New York Life Insurance Company
New York City, NY, United States
A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses Be Good At Life. To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
We provide our actuarial trainees with a broad background in both the theoretical and practical applications of actuarial science by combining challenging rotating job assignments and significant support towards the completion of the actuarial exams. We also provide significant opportunities to improve business and leadership skills that will enable advancement through the company and prove valuable throughout one's career.
• Develops premiums and benefits for new and enhanced insurance and annuity products
• Designs new products and product features
• Projects profitability generated by Company's products
• Prepares studies of financial experience
• Analyzes matching of assets and liabilities including developing optimal investment strategy
• Quantifies company risk exposure and proposes ways to minimize risk
• Assists in the determination of dividend scales
• Performs actuarial research and statistical analyses
• Performs special projects as assigned
• Preferred ASA or near ASA working toward FSA designation in the Society of Actuaries
• Passage of three or more Society of Actuaries Exams required
• 2 - 5 years of prior full-time actuarial or analytical experience, with minimum of 2 years required
• Prefer cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Bachelor's degree with preferred majors in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Sciences, Economics, or Finance
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Analytically minded
• Strong decision making abilities
• Knowledge of modeling packages, programming languages, and spreadsheet/database software
_PLEASE NOTE:__If entering an international address in the online application, please use NY as the state as this is a required field in order to submit your application_
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
New York Life Insurance Company
Website : http://www.newyorklife.com/
New York Life Insurance has been providing life insurance policies in the Big Apple since it was a tiny seed. While the top mutual life insurer in the US has branched out a bit, it retains its core business: life insurance and annuities. Its products include long-term care insurance and special group policies sold through AARP and other affinity groups and professional associations. New York Life Investments' offerings include mutual funds for individuals and investment management services for institutional investors. Through New York Life International, the firm provides life policies in overseas markets. Founded in 1841, New York Life is owned by its policyholders.