Risk & Regulatory Consulting, LLC
As an Actuarial Consultant you will work with a team of industry professionals on regulatory consulting and other insurance industry engagements. This position has opportunity for advancement as well as personal and professional growth.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
(Responsibilities may vary slightly depending on seniority level)
Serve as the actuarial subject matter expert on client engagements including; prepare original actuarial analysis, coordinate internal resources, advise project team on potential solutions and strategies to meet project goals and client needs, adhere to project budget and timelines, train and mentor junior staff.
Business development; create new business opportunities through individual selling efforts as well as by supporting team sales initiatives, cultivate and nurture client relationships to create awareness of Firm capabilities to help generate incremental business, assist in formulating proposals demonstrating our value proposition and our solutions.
Contribute to the intellectual capital of the practice and Firm.
Assist in recruiting efforts by helping attract and retain additional qualified Actuarial professionals.
* Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Economics, or Statistics; MBA and/or professional certification/s preferred
* Minimum of 5 years professional experience in a state insurance department, health insurance company, financial services or consulting firm
* ASA, FSA, MAAA, FSPA or MSPA designations preferred
* Experience with Affordable Care Act (ACA), Medicare, Medicaid preferred
* Knowledge of actuarial concepts: health rating, underwriting, financial modeling and analysis, risk management, product development and pricing, actuarial software implementation, annuity, or reinsurance.
* Demonstrated problem solving skills
* Strong understanding of insurance rates/pricing and regulatory requirements for supporting reserve levels
* PC skills, including experience in using software for producing presentations, spreadsheets, and project planning (skills in TeamMate, ACL/Access, Visual Basic, MS Excel and other applications)
* Ability to interact with all levels including executives and senior managers
* Strong interpersonal, presentation, analytical and statistical sampling skills
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required
* Dynamic/flexible demeanor with exceptional client service skills
* Forward-thinking leader with a collaborative focus who can consult effectively with key constituents and become recognized as a valued resource
* Must be self-motivated and possess a sense of urgency
* Skilled in team building and team development
* Ability to travel
* Ability to demonstrate ethical and professional standards as outlined by the Firm
When applying please add your resume as an attachment!
Please do not auto generate resume from LinkedIn
Risk & Regulatory Consulting, LLC (RRC) was formerly a business segment of RSM US LLP (formerly McGladrey) until 2012 when the separate legal entity was formed. RRC is a strategic business partner with RSM providing actuarial and insurance industry consulting services to RSM clients.
Risk & Regulatory Consulting, LLC (RRC) is a national, leading professional services firm dedicated to providing exceptional regulatory services to clients. With over 100 experienced insurance professionals located in 22 states, we believe RRC is uniquely positioned to serve state insurance departments. We offer services in the following regulatory areas: financial examinations, market conduct examinations, insolvency and receiverships, actuarial services and valuations, investment analysis, reinsurance expertise, market analysis and compliance, and special projects. We are a results oriented firm committed to success that builds long term relationships with our clients.
RRC is managed by seven partners and our practice includes full time professionals dedicated to our regulatory clients. We are focused on listening to your needs and designing customized examination, consulting, and training solutions that address your needs. We bring multiple service lines together to provide superior and seamless service to our clients. We are committed to training our customers and our team. We have developed various comprehensive in house training programs that have been tailored to meet the needs of our regulatory clients. We offer competitive pricing, outstanding experience, credentials and references. RRC is an active participant in the NAIC, SOFE, and IRES.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req5266
Line of Business: Risk & Regulatory Consulting
SubFunction: RAS AML & Reg Compliance
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req5266
Location: 1185 Ave of the Americas, , New York, NY US
Job Category: Business Consulting/Technology
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: Bachelor