This Actuarial Intern assignment provides an opportunity to combine real-life work experiences with classroom and technical training, and to receive a hands-on introduction to the health insurance industry at a company which is a market leader.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Review product design documents for quality, completeness, and accuracy in support of pricing, gaining exposure to our products and benefits.
2. Update and maintain tables within the rating/quoting system while validating for consistency and accuracy.
3. Assist in validating and maintaining an actuarial database, which is used for trending and pricing analysis.
4. Create a quoting tool in Microsoft Access for new large group plans.
5. Develop reports for management from rating system.
6. Work closely and interface with a smaller department of aspiring and credentialed actuaries.
7. Develop an understanding of the day to day contributions of an actuarial department, the “real world” experience.
8. Get hands-on experience with data gathering, scrubbing, and reconciliation.
9. Gain knowledge of rating/quoting systems and insurance company financials.
1. Undergraduate student status, with a major in Actuarial Science.
2. Ability to problem-solve and to pay particular attention to detail.
3. Strong written and communication skills.
1. 3.0 GPA.
2. Incoming Junior or Senior.
3. Passed one or more Society of Actuary exams.
Dean Health Plan, Inc.-
Established in 1983, Dean Health Plan is the insurance services subsidiary of Dean and SSM Health. It maintains a position of leadership in insurance services through a physician-led integrated health system that improves the health of its members and delivers a superior level of service and care. We're looking for talented individuals committed to improving the health of community through innovation, partnership and integrity.