Actuarial Business Consultant - Trend Analytics and Forecasting','192644','US-KY-Louisville','','Office','Office','Full-time','','!*!
Role: Actuary Business Consultant – Trend Analytics and Forecasting
Assignment: Trend Analytics and Forecasting
Location: Louisville, KY
Humana needs your analytical skills to help us tell a compelling story about healthcare today. Through the strategic interpretation of data, we provide our consumers with meaningful insights about the choices they make and help them lead their best lives. We’re passionate about combining and analyzing diverse types of data to extract new, actionable discoveries about our members and their health-related behaviors. We encourage you to dive into your passion for data and use analysis to help Humana tell the health-and-wellness stories of our members. We’re looking for driven, innovative people who are interested in using their data-mining and analytical skills to help our consumers achieve lifelong well-being and help Humana make lasting, positive changes in the healthcare industry.
Assignment Capsule Be a part of the actuarial world – help with the measurement and evaluation of management initiatives at Humana.
Humana is seeking a Business Consultant that will be responsible for :
· Perform data analytic using Excel, SAS and VBA.
· Be able to manage existing programs and queries, review and provide recommendations for improvements on run time and accuracy. Write new programs/queries with high level instructions and desired outcome.
· Develop new methodologies to evaluate new programs/initiatives.
· Ability to comprehend business contracts with various vendors and translate it to a model and savings number.
· Communicate findings to management via oral or written format. Be able to explain complex mathematical and technical details to various audience and different needs.
· Work closely with our finance, clinical and claims partners on projects. Participate in monthly meetings with large audiences and present dashboard’s results and drivers for A to E differences.
· Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same.
· Review model output for reasonability, communicate results to management at high-level and also able to explain the detail if needed.
· Have a good understanding of Humana data warehouse and recommend new tables/fields to use when necessary. Have good understanding of our table structure and dependencies.
· Develop data extraction processes, databases, and reports of the costs and savings associated with programs.
· Work with initiative owners to develop proper assumptions and to assure that initiatives are evaluated appropriately.
· Document analytical processes, methodologies, and implement best practices.
Accountability: Meets established expectations and takes responsibility for achieving results; encourages others to do the same.
Collaborates: Engages others by gathering multiple views and being open to diverse perspectives, focusing on a shared purpose that puts Humana's overall success first.
Executes for Results: Effectively leverages resources to create exceptional outcomes, embraces change, and constructively resolves barriers and constraints.
Interpersonal Effectiveness: Understands oneself, effectively manages emotions, listens and communicates with respect, and builds trusting relationships.
Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Economics, or health related field
Excellent communication skills, oral and written
Programming experience using SAS and/or SQL
Working knowledge of math/statistics, spreadsheets, and relational databases
Experience performing data management, mining, and manipulation along with analytics
Aptitude for learning new tools, techniques, concepts and technologies
Must have strong attention to detail and ability to work independently under general instructions and with a team.
Strong customer service skills and the ability to work with a broad spectrum of analytical staff (e.g. accounting, medical analysis, financial analysis, budgeting, actuarial, underwriting, etc.)
Master’s degree in Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science, Economics, or health related field
3 years of previous experience in financial or clinical data analysis
Proficiency using SAS and/or SQL
Project management and team building skills
Excellent people management skills
Familiarity with provider coding
At Humana, we’re also committed to making the resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. We know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
After applying, we encourage you to join our Talent Network as well, so you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization in the changing world of healthcare.
','Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.','Actuarial Business Consultant - Trend Analytics and Forecasting
Website : http://www.humana.com
Humana's diverse lines of business work to serve all types of consumers. From families to seniors to military members to self-employed individuals, there is a plan to meet many unique needs. Find out how Humana's associates and corporate leaders are committed to customer service. Our team uses innovation to deliver results to our consumers.