Director, Actuary (ILI Valuation)','ILI0000I','!*!
The Valuation Center of Excellence (COE) for the Individual Life business is seeking a Director, Actuary to support monthly, quarterly, and year-end GAAP financial reporting, including the amortization of DAC and related balances as well as growth in SOP 03-1 reserves. We are looking for someone with strong leadership abilities who can help improve existing processes as well as influence and incorporate process changes, especially as we continue efforts to align downstream tools used by Legacy Hartford and Pru businesses and automate processes using Liability Data Warehouse (LWH). The candidate needs to have strong analytical and communication skills in order to evaluate, understand, and communicate drivers of financial impacts to senior management. The candidate may also have the opportunity to manage a student on the ALDP program.
• Support the reporting team through the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close, while developing a deep understanding of the end to end reporting process
• Utilize LWH to research any issues related to reported results or calculation procedures and provide solutions to business problems
• Lead the process of quantifying and reporting impacts for 2Q Unlocking, including assumption updates, methodology changes, and modeling refinements
• Provide Corporate business partners with information for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures pertaining to actuarial balances
• Lead in providing quantitative and qualitative data for Replicating Portfolios, quarterly forecast, annual IAIS testing, and other Corporate initiatives
• Support User Acceptance Testing of changes to the Delphi valuation system, including analyzing the results from Full Volume regression testing, working with the reporting team and Modeling COE
• Influence and drive the continued integration of Legacy Hartford and Prudential reporting processes
• Maintain and continue to improve procedures and tools, partnering with the Actuarial Modeling COE and other areas as appropriate
• Develop and/or improve documentation of processes
• Maintain appropriate controls; address any control weaknesses; ensure compliance with standards set by Corporate Actuarial
• Direct involvement in the Annual Update of reporting tools and portions of the LWH environment DAC reporting supports
• May have 1 direct report','!*!
• Associate or new Fellow of the Society of Actuaries designation (ASA or new FSA), with 4 years of actuarial experience
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with GAAP reporting preferred
• Knowledge of individual life products a plus
• Ability to partner effectively with colleagues across multiple business groups and corporate areas
• Highly motivated, conceptual thinker who is able to work independently or in a team and take a leadership role in a wide variety of assignments
','!*!Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit ****to learn more about our values, our history and our brand. Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at **** for more information about doing business with Prudential.','Actuarial','United States-New Jersey-Newark','United States-Connecticut-Shelton, United States-Pennsylvania-Dresher, United States-Pennsylvania-Moosic, United States-Connecticut-Hartford','Full-time','','Director, Actuary (ILI Valuation)