From $95136 to $116844 Annuall
Insurance Fund, State
Principal Actuary Life
Financial, Accounting, Auditing
PS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
From $95136 to $116844 Annually
Hours Per Week
Compressed workweek allowed?
199 Church Street
Bachelor’s degree, successful completion of at least four (4) courses from the Society of Actuaries and four years of actuarial experience.
Membership in the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA) or an Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA). Disability actuarial experience preferred.
The Principal Actuary Casualty will report to the Chief Actuary or other high-level actuarial staff and will be responsible for performing the following duties which include but will not be limited to:
• Provide statutory disability coverage and Paid Family Leave coverage to support the Disability Benefits Fund.
• Analyze trends and drivers.
• Calculate appropriate loss reserves.
• Develop monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
• Review rates and rate structure.
• Review Return of Premium program and Premium Adjustment program.
• Analyze proposed new products and contracts.
• Develop analytics and models to support executive level decision making.
• Advise and assist business partners in the use of actuarial and mathematical techniques to analyze the business.
• Possible advisory and/or management responsibilities in support of the Aggregate Trust Fund depending on experience and qualification.
This position may be filled in Albany or NYC.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
15 Computer Drive West