Erie Insurance Inc.
*Reposting due to updated qualifications regarding exams
Conducts complex actuarial reviews for P/C lines of business. Collects and analyzes data, develops and presents proposals, compiles state insurance department filings and coordinates the implementation of actuarial changes with other areas of the company.
Candidates may also be considered for Actuarial Analyst II and/or Associate Actuary based on qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Conducts complex actuarial analyses, prepares in-depth studies, recommendations, state insurance department filings and manual pages, and updates system tables as required. Recommends innovations to improve current methodologies.
* Acts as a project coordinator for actuarial data processes. Works with other areas of the company as necessary.
* Creates exhibits, reports, maps and charts for actuarial and reserve studies, state insurance department filings and rate recommendations. Analyzes ERIEs financial data and industry statistical information and prepares periodic updates for management, using appropriate presentation format.
* Develops and maintains automated procedures to improve work flow and productivity.
* Rates, analyzes and responds to inquiries related to premiums and online assistance and provides actuarial assistance to ERIE Agents, branch managers, district sales managers and other divisions and departments throughout ERIE. Completes rate surveys for state insurance departments and research organizations.
* Applies a strong working knowledge of actuarial procedures used by ERIE, competitors and governmental bodies.
* Presents actuarial information to management and communicates actuarial changes to other departments as required.
* Trains less experienced staff regarding ERIE and industry practices, data sources, and job efficiencies.
* Visits field offices and/or Agent meetings as required to present actuarial information.
* Completes special projects as required.
Ability To Learn And Follow Procedures
Ability to Manage Complexity
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Information Management Skills
Planning And Organizing
Bachelors degree in mathematics or a related field required. Successful completion of preliminary (as defined in the actuarial exam program) or equivalent actuarial exams and demonstrated exam progress required. Two years of previous experience in pricing, reserving or a related actuarial field, including mastery of ratemaking, reserving, and actuarial techniques required. Ability to improve and enhance actuarial processes and procedures required. Proficiency in spreadsheet, database and related software required. Previous programming experience required.
Lifting 0-20 lbs; Occasional (
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Erie Insurance Inc.
Website : http://www.erieinsurance.com
From our modest roots in 1925 as a Pennsylvania auto insurer, we've grown to become a multi-line insurance company, offering auto, home, business and life insurance through our network of independent insurance Agents. Today, our geographic presence extends to 11 states and the District of Columbia. From New York to North Carolina and from Wisconsin to Tennessee, we continue to carry out our founding purpose: "To provide our Policyholders with as near perfect protection, as near perfect service as is humanly possible and to do so at the lowest possible cost." At The ERIE, we adhere to disciplined underwriting, fair pricing and a prudent investment philosophy. These factors have contributed to our ability to earn consistently superior ratings in the insurance industry. The combination of a quality agency force, a commitment to customer service and the financial stability provided by Erie Insurance Group assures you that we’ll be there when you need us most. Learn more about ERIE with the story of ERIE's brand. It’s a guide that our Agents and Employees use to help us live the promise that has steered The ERIE for generations – to be Above All in SERVICESM.