QBE Holdings, Inc.
Influence and champion best-in-class actuarial techniques and methodologies by utilizing long-term vision to define, develop and deliver strategy for profitable business planning and organizational growth. Primary Responsibilities
• Establish innovative pricing, reserving and modeling strategy by leading planning process and guiding Actuarial department practices to ensure minimization of risk and communication of beneficial business opportunities
• Forge strong professional relationships by partnering with executive leaders, key stakeholders and global Actuarial function to consult, influence, share analyses and results and champion the adoption of strategic, statistically-sound business opportunities
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives by monitoring industry trends and developing best-in-class tools and techniques to ensure application of innovative actuarial methodology and adoption of global best practices
• Champion due diligence by reviewing recommendations for potential acquisitions to identify and minimize risks and exposures, ensure accurate analyses and encourage team adherence to business requirements and expectations through sound actuarial techniques
• Encourage consistent, reliable analyses by establishing key processes and procedures and driving department adoption of technical standards and best practices to minimize inaccuracies and ensure compliance with relevant legal and regulatory requirements
• Lead the development of people strategy by inspiring, nurturing and developing talent to utilize innovative practices and deliver quality service to ensure organization benefits from competitive professional and technical skills
• Drive a performance management culture by mobilizing and developing individuals at all levels, encouraging cross-team collaboration and leading department to achieve positive results for the organization
• Plan, allocate and manage financial budget by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility
• Foster a positive environment by modeling cultural expectations and guiding leaders to reward performance and value can do people, accountability, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, continuous improvement, collaboration, creativity and fun
• Inspire QBE values in personal work behaviors, decision-making, contributions and interpersonal interactions; manage own career development by soliciting feedback and valuing other perspectives
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
10 years' relevant experience
Extensive experience in actuarial services; different types of insurance; experience managing or leading others; increasing levels of responsibility
Fellow-Casualty Actuary (CAS)
• Specialized math including calculus, statistics, probability
• Current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows how the business works
• Computer systems and software
• Actuarial pricing, reserving and modeling
• End-to-end strategic planning and implementation including risks, benefits and opportunities analysis to ensure organizational competitiveness and satisfaction of established long-range objectives
• Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Leverage business and financial expertise
• Establish a high degree of trust and credibility with others
• Utilize effective communication skills to influence and persuade decision makers
• Partner and collaborate with internal and external customers and stakeholders across multiple levels to enhance the business
• Demonstrate resilience
• Encourage open communication, cooperation and knowledge sharing
• Keep an open-mind, consider unique approaches and be open to change and considerable variety in the workplace
• Utilize motivational, inspirational and enthusiastic approach to leading organization
• Adapt and be flexible in a complex changing environment
• Use wise, astute and insightful judgment to make sound decisions
Occasional (approximately 5-10 trips annually)
General office jobs
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 pounds.
To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee’s normal duties.
Number of Openings:
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click Apply and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in New York. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process
QBE Holdings, Inc.
Website : http://www.qbena.com
Since QBE first established a North American presence in 1991, we've focused on diversification, superior product offerings and unparalleled customer service to excel in the market. QBE Insurance companies are rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best and "A+" by Standard and Poor's. Headquartered in New York, QBE North America conducts business through various property and casualty insurance subsidiaries. Our targeted, regional approach helps us provide niche products and tailored coverage through local offices and support staffs that are experts in their areas.