Actuarial Director, Health Exchange Solutions
United States-New Jersey-Secaucus
Buck Consulting-Actuarial Description
Our promise is built on innovation, expertise and the valued partnership of our people. It's how we deliver on that promise that makes us different.
THE CONDUENT DIFFERENCE
As the world's largest business process services company, we're improving the way businesses and governments interact with their citizens, patients, customers and employees. Our mission is to modernize the constituent experience by making every interaction digital, personalized and secure.
Everything we do is in the service of the client. Everything we build grows out of their needs.
INNOVATION THROUGH CO-CREATION
Fueled by an innovative mindset and an entrepreneurial culture, we constantly find new ways to create unique value for our clients. Every day we engage in relentless pursuit of greater solutions to improve the lives of citizens, patients and employees around the world.
Actuarial Director, Health Exchange Solutions
Contributes to building recognition for Conduent and for the Health Exchange practice in the market, positioning the firm for revenue growth; demonstrates insightful thinking by delivering relevant ideas and practical, real-world solutions to our RightOpt clients; demonstrates leadership, innovation, and collaboration internally as well as with Conduent's clients and prospects
Delivery/Subject Matter Expertise
• Provide strategic actuarial leadership for RightOpt clients
• Support RightOpt Chief actuary with program analysis, pricing, and new business impact analysis
Achieves billable hours goal
• Understands and meets the financial reporting requirements of the firm
• Participates in developing creative, strategic, proactive and technically correct advice for clients
• Displays strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex concepts
• Actively participates in client meetings to gather information, to establish needs, to clarify expectations, to develop strategy and to obtain feedback
• Ensures quality services are provided to clients (e.g. compliance with the peer review policy established for the practice)
• Contributes to advancement of the firm by seeking to learn and to share best practices
• Keeps abreast of developments in the field and of clients to maintain technical and professional expertise and to provide timely and informed advice to clients
• Prepares and adheres to schedules and budgets resulting in on-time, profitable projects
• Participates in AE billing decisions and bill preparation assuring high collection rates and retention of clients
• Delegates work to junior staff
• Organizes client meetings to gather information and to develop strategy for clients
• Consistently seeks to improve the level of service and capabilities for clients
• Demonstrates ability to market new Conduent products and improve business relationships with existing and prospective clients using cross selling and other marketing techniques
• Maintains working relationship across all Conduent lines of business, particularly with client outsourcing teams
• Identifies revenue opportunities with clients and prospects and lends support in closing opportunities
• Consistently networks with current and former clients for business development opportunities
• Contribute to revenue growth
Leadership, Innovation and Collaboration
• People development leadership (examples may include: recruiting, training, coaching, mentoring, managing, encouraging collaboration, promoting creativity, supporting innovation teams, and otherwise developing self and others)
• Thought leadership and innovation (examples may include: participating in developing new products, services, bundled solutions, authoring or contributing to white papers or external articles, blogging, participating in communities).
• Building market recognition (examples may include: speaking engagements, panel discussions or webcasts, professional involvement, supporting others in these efforts, or supporting sales and marketing campaigns)
• Sharing and Collaboration (examples may include: contributing client deliverables to the Consultant Work Product Library; submitting ideas to the Idea Management System; sharing ideas, best practices, approaches, templates, tools, etc. with colleagues on a formal or informal basis)
• Serving as a Subject Matter Resource (responding to media inquiries on specified topics, being available to provide advice and consultation to colleagues and others' clients)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in the human resource benefits consulting field required
• Master's degree preferred
• 10 years or more experience in the human resources field including benefits, consulting, technology, retirement, administration, etc… required
• 5 or more years in a leadership role with responsibility for direct reports preferred
• Associate in the Society of Actuaries (ASA) or Fellow in the Society of Actuaries required
• Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) preferred
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the Submit button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form.
Consumer and Industrials
Advancing the Everyday
From managing transit systems to promoting new ways to access healthcare, we play a role in the daily lives of people across the globe.
Conduent is more than just the world's largest business process services company. We're changing the way businesses and governments interact with their citizens, customers and employees, every single day.
At Conduent, you'll find unique opportunities to work for some of the world's biggest brands: accelerating employee training and career development for Hertz, ensuring customers enjoy more quality time on the open ocean with Royal Caribbean, unlocking efficiencies through digital transformation with Procter & Gamble. Thanks to our many talented employees, we're modernizing the constituent experience-and moving the world forward.