JOB ID #:8819
Full - Time
5 - 7 Years
Add to Job Cart
Our Actuarial department is always interested in speaking with the best talent in the market about joining our growing team in our Worcester, MA office.
As an Associate Actuary, you would take a lead role on actuarial projects, as well as independently conduct analytical problem solving. You would employ new techniques, presents results and recommended actions consistent with the business strategy of the organization. You would also provide guidance to junior team members.
- Collaborates with other business members to identify and solve business problems.
- Recommends improvements to ratemaking processes, reserve methods, or other equivalent processes and procedures.
- Recommends, designs, and develops experience exhibits and analyses to interpret results, determine business strategies or solve business problems.
- Performs analysis that requires knowledge of advanced actuarial concepts/methods and/or advanced analytic approaches.
- Accountable for responding to insurance department inquiries and takes initiative to ensure compliance with various state and federal regulations.
- Develops leadership skills and provides coaching, mentoring and/or technical guidance to junior team members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five or more years of technical experience in multiple LOB and/or actuarial disciplines, such as pricing, reserving or predictive modeling.
- ACAS Designation or higher or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Office, including Excel.
- Intermediate programming skills, including the ability to develop and automate processes.
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed Employment Agency Agreement already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
Back to top