Job Title: Actuarial Associate
Job ID: ******
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Health Plan
Department: General Acctg_Fin Report
Location: 600 Grant St, Pittsburgh PA 15219
This position applies knowledge of mathematics, probability and statistics in order to identify issues, gather and analyze data on a wide variety of topics affecting the financial performance of the health plan May represent the department on corporate projects. Receives assistance from either management or senior positions when necessary.
* Documents methods, procedures and results.
* Preparation of State and Federal filings. Including Federal Exchange, Pennsylvania Insurance Department Filings and Medicare Bid Submissions.
* Presents results of analyses and recommendations to management.
* Reports to head of actuarial department or Actuarial Manager.
* Responsible for the development of mathematical models in connection with other departments to predict the impact of proposed changes.
* Responsible for the preparation of financial analyses in support of the following functions: Medical cost and utilization trend analysis; Forecasting; - Development of claim reserves (IBNR) - Completion factors using claim lag analysis models; - Provide analytical support for rate development and filings; - Provide ad hoc data analysis to all departments within the company. - Review of others work product.
* Will direct and supervise junior actuarial department personnel in the performance of duties.
* Will own project management of projects, including deliverables and appropriate work.
* Bachelors degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, economics or related field and three plus years of experience in actuarial work in a health insurance, managed care or related consulting business; or equivalent training, education and/or experience.
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
* ASA certification
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Strong PC skills. Data retrieval skills and relational database experience.
* Works independently.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
A.S.A. certification by Society of Actuaries Membership in the American Academy of Actuaries
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesSalary Range: $37.21 to $64.26
Union Position: No
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?