Associate Actuary Manager for Personal Lines
JOB ID #:9968
Full - Time
5 - 7 Years
Add to Job Cart
Our Personal Lines Actuarial Organization is seeking an Associate Actuary Manager to join our team in our Worcester, MA office.
This person will have direct responsibility for managing a group of students and/or actuarial support staff and accountability for a material process, line, group of states or product. Responsible for managing day to day work flow Provides technical oversight and guidance. Takes a lead role on actuarial projects. Employs new techniques depending on project requirements. Presents results and recommended actions consistent with the business strategy of the organization. pursuit of FCAS professional designation preferred.
This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Collaborates with others to identify and solve business problems.
- Leads meetings, able to influence business partners and articulate findings
- Able to understand data and identify root causes behind trends.
- Recommends improvements to ratemaking processes, reserve methods, or other equivalent processes and procedures.
- Performs projects/analyses that require knowledge of advanced actuarial concepts/methods and/or advanced analytic approaches.
- Oversees the preparation of necessary systems specifications.
- Accountable for responding to insurance department inquiries.
- Takes initiative to ensure compliance with various state and federal regulations.
- Capable of testifying at a rate hearing if necessary.
- Responsible for communicating results/issues to upper level management.
- Provides coaching to team on standard practices and development of core actuarial & problem solving techniques.
- Develops leadership skills, motivates and oversees direct reports' work product and day to day workload.
- Administers financial/budgetary oversight for applicable group.
- Responsible for performance and compensation management for direct reports.
- May lead or participate in community recruiting and/or training activities.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree or higher in a relevant technical field.
Five or more years of technical experience in multiple LOB and/or actuarial disciplines such as pricing, reserving or predictive modeling.
Lead or supervisory experience preferred.
ACAS Designation or higher, or equivalent work experience
Possesses a detailed understanding of actuarial concepts/methods and the ability to research and employ new techniques depending on project requirements.
Advanced skills using Microsoft Office, including Excel.
Intermediate programming skills, including the ability to develop and automate processes.
Ability to multitask and meet all deadlines with quality product.
May design and provide training curriculum for student program.
Able to direct activities of others, motivate and develop staff.
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed Employment Agency Agreement already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
Back to top