Director Group Valuation
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
The incumbent manages all aspects of the valuation of Group L&D products in support of Client’s financial reporting needs and DRMS risk and financial management.
The essential functions and responsibilities of this job position include, but are not limited to the following:
1) Proactively determine necessary changes to tools, assumptions, procedures and reports based on consideration of changes in experience, legislation or accounting standards and in response to DRMS management and Client needs.
2) Interpret the results of experience studies and operational metrics and provide advice and consultation to DRMS management, SLF U.S. Valuation and Clients.
3) Develop and maintain DRMS reserve systems and related reports.
4) Perform experience studies.
5) Oversee the timely and accurate production of routine/periodic reports of reserves and claim activity indicators/operational metrics.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or equivalent in experience.
Meets all continuing professional development requirements in order to retain active status in SOA and AAA. Attainment of the specific education requirements necessary to issue actuarial opinions regarding health annual statements is a plus.
Minimum 5 years of experience and/or demonstrated knowledge and skills through work in an actuarial/finance department
Familiarity with Group LTD valuation is a plus.
Thorough knowledge of actuarial and risk management processes and a complete understanding of factors that influence health insurance profitability
Experience reviewing/auditing the work of others
Identify problems and facilitate change
Ability to apply complex time sensitive modeling to make decisions and communicate the results to a broad audience
Ability to conduct analysis consistent with professional conduct standards and regulatory requirements.
Ability to represent DRMS to Clients, brokers and prospects
Ability to work professionally and effectively with co-workers, Clients, claimants, vendors and others with whom DRMS does business
Disability RMS is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by law. Sun Life Financial is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company culture.
Posting End Date:
Sun Life Financial
Sun Life Financial Jobs