Prudential Financial, Inc
['Director, Actuary – Modeling COE Axis Development','ALM0007J','!*!
Prudential Financial has helped individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth for 140 years. With operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America, we provide customers with a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds and investment management. The Director, Actuary – Modeling COE Axis Development, is a position that will play a key role in the development of the evolving framework, models, and infrastructure for Individual Life Axis model.
· Works collaboratively with business partners throughout the Prudential organization to support the development and maintenance of the Axis modeling platform for Prudential Individual Life business which can be leveraged for many uses (Asset Adequacy Testing, Replicating Portfolio, Forecast, Capital Management, and Corporate Actuarial, etc.).
· Builds, parameterizes, and supports the creation of a production environment for Individual Life modeling, helping to ensure a controlled and optimized modeling platform.
· Partners to develop and refine Axis modeling needs in support of product development, pricing, and product management for the Individual Life business.
· Ensures adherence to appropriate corporate governance, controls, and documentation policies/procedures
· Support compliance with emerging Enterprise and regulatory standards and guidelines for Actuarial models
Prudential is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. ','!*!
· ASA or FSA preferred with 10 years of actuarial experience
· Prior experience with GGY-Axis, ALFA or other actuarial and financial modeling software
· Individual life product knowledge is desirable
· Superior technical skills (Excel, SQL, VBA)
· High level of self-motivation and ownership of results
· Strong organizational and teamwork skills
· Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Able to demonstrate leadership, initiative, and resourcefulness
· Strong awareness of value and importance of controls
','!*!Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services. We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand. Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.','Actuarial','United States-New Jersey-Newark','United States-Connecticut-Hartford, United States-Pennsylvania-Dresher','Full-time','','Director, Actuary – Modeling COE Axis Development
For more than 135 years, Prudential Financial, Inc., has helped individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. Today, we are one of the world's largest financial services institutions with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock ®, an icon of strength, stability, expertise, and innovation. We strive to create long-term value for our stakeholders through strong business fundamentals, consistent with our mission guided by our vision and directed by our company's core values. We are committed to keeping our promises and to doing business the right way.