Requisition ID 2017-15551
Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon Is Looking For Actuarial Interns!
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions. Actuaries at Aon work with large, mid-sized and small clients on a variety of projects related to effectively managing Risk, Retirement and Health. Your day-to-day responsibilities will vary, depending on your track, as we hire actuaries to work within all three of these core capabilities.
This role falls under Aons Summer Internship Program, which provides a unique opportunity for rising college seniors to learn, contribute, and gain real world work experience in a collaborative environment. You will have the chance to learn more about Aons culture and businesses while developing practical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities. The 10-week summer program includes weekly spotlights delivered by Aon business leaders, a community outreach event and networking opportunities with fellow interns and colleagues. The program equips you with an understanding of working in an environment dedicated to exceeding client expectations and delivering products and services distinct to unique client needs.
Your Impact As An Actuarial Intern
Pension and other retirement plans have enormous financial implications for employers. Actuaries within Retirement Consulting work directly with our clients management teams to assess the short and long-term costs associated with these commitments.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of assignments during your internship. Some of the most important projects that actuarial consultants at Aon Hewitt work on are the annual pension valuations. Each year, actuaries collect census data from the clients and perform the annual valuation. With the results of these valuations, we help our clients assess the ongoing financial health of their pension plans.
In addition to the pension valuation process, we work regularly with clients in the human resource and financial areas, and meet with them frequently to present the results of our analysis. Some of the other projects you might work on include:
* Projections (both stochastic and deterministic) of long-term financial information for pension and other post-retirement benefit plans
* Coordination of asset-liability analysis and other studies with investment consultants
* Merger and acquisition due diligence and related activities
* Design and costing of new retirement programs
* Programming leading-edge pension administration systems
* Pension benefit calculations for participants
* Union negotiation support and analysis
Quantitative comparison of comprehensive employee benefit programs for groups of employers
Health and Benefits Consulting
Employer-sponsored health and welfare benefit programs form the foundation of the U.S. health care system. These programs have evolved over time as employers have attempted to manage the changing needs of employees, rising program costs, and the impact of new legislation while supporting their human resource and business strategies.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of assignments during your internship.Health and Benefits actuaries support consultants and work directly with our clients to develop short and longer-term health and welfare benefit strategies. This process involves strategic assessments of the health care market and key trends and the identification of new and innovative solutions to employer problems. The technical and analytical skills health & benefits actuaries bring to this process are critical to our health & benefits consulting.
In addition to the strategy-setting process, you might also be involved with the following projects which support our clients annual and ongoing health management needs:
* Evaluate plan design and costs relative to various measures and benchmarks with reporting to clients
* Health care budget rate-setting for self-insured plans including the analysis of medical and prescription drug network changes
* Employee contribution rate development and scenario analysis
* Analyze insured plan renewals for appropriateness and carrier bid financial evaluations
* Retiree medical and disability plan valuations
Aon Global Risk Consulting (AGRC) Actuarial & Analytics Practice is the third largest North American Property and Casualty Consulting firm, providing actuarial services to clients for more than 20 years. The practice is comprised of highly skilled and experienced professionals in the risk quantification and analysis field.
As an intern within our Risk Consulting practice, you will have the opportunity to work on projects to assess exposure to P & C risk by loss forecasting for budgeting and risk management strategy evaluation, calculating actuarial reserves for financial statement support, providing actuarial opinions for regulatory support, and evaluating total cost of risk for effective financial and risk management solutions. Additional projects you might work on include:
* Support analytical work including data management, loss forecasting, accruals, self-insurance analysis and cash flow analysis
* Collect, organize and analyze data, in support of existing brokerage business and proposal development
* Prepare and maintain effective documentation of all client correspondence
* Apply existing approaches to processes to specific client assignments, alerting AGRC service team to deficiencies in data, results or processes
* Contribute to the enhancement of overall assignment results by improving specific operational procedures
* Execute routine client service tasks efficiently, delivering products and services, accurately and on time, by applying Aon protocols
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Enjoy working on complex, mathematically-oriented projects
* Like working in a team environment
* Pursuing Bachelors degree; rising junior
* Have passed at least one actuarial exam
Applicants for this role, which is part of the Aon Summer Internship Program, must be rising juniors, graduating between December 2018 - June 2019 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aons employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
United States: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Canada: Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.aon.com
Aon plc is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. Through its more than 62,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions.