Portland, OR, United States
Let’s do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
Moda Health is seeking an Actuarial Analyst who be responsible for setting new and renewing rates for group business; performs actuarial analysis of benefit utilization, pricing and trends using mathematical concepts and formulas; provides actuarial support to underwriting by developing and maintaining pricing models; and monitors profitability of Moda lines of business relative to budgeted targets. We are seeking a c
andidate that has passed 3 actuarial exams and has 2 years of industry experience.
1. Determines appropriate rate actions to maintain profitability of Moda fully insured group medical and dental pooled business.
2. Develops tools to measure overall performance of fully insured group plans with actuarially sound principles using SQL, SAS, R, Excel or similar applications.
3. Assists in the development and maintenance of pricing models used by Underwriting to determine new and renewal group rates.
4. Develops trend analyses that both provides insight into changes in historical utilization and supports projections of future trends.
5. Compiles and verifies data, prepares reports and provides various levels of analysis and modeling work.
6. Provides guidance and advice regarding rates, benefits and related matters for insurance products.
7. Prepares regulatory rate filings for group plans as needed.
8. Assists in the training of underwriting personnel.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
01. Bachelor degree or higher in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Business, or other closely related field.
02. 1 - 3 years experience in actuarial role or health insurance industry.
03. Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial analysis concepts.
04. Passed at least 1 actuarial exam administered by SOA and is actively pursuing ASA designation.
05. Advanced understanding of relational database design and SQL.
06. Strong programming skills using VBA, SAS or similar advanced programming software.
07. Advanced Excel application design skills.
08. Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts.
09. Proven ability to perform and manage difficult actuarial tasks.
10. Strong analytical, verbal and written skills.
11. Motivation to be constantly looking ways to improve current processes.
12. Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with constantly changing priorities.
13. Ability to come into work on time and on a daily basis; often working additional hours to complete the required assignments.
14. Ability to set priorities and manage a workload with limited supervision.
15. Project a professional image and maintain complete confidentiality.
Option 1: Login and Apply
Website : https://www.modahealth.com
At Moda Health, we're passionate about helping you on your journey to be better. We know that dealing with health concerns can be tough – and that it is a juggling act to fit in healthy choices every day. That's what we're here for. We'll be your guide, your partner and your fan club, every step of the way. Since 1955, we've been helping our members with innovative, evidence-based health plans, diverse provider networks, member programs and caring customer service. With Moda, you have the choice, coverage and compassion you need to feel your best.