Our Client is seeking an Associate Actuary for the actuarial team supporting the Company’s insurance platform business. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong technical and communication skills with an attention to detail and be able to collaborate successfully with other members of the actuarial staff, as well as with the Finance, Underwriting, Sales, Product Development, Reporting and IT areas to achieve optimum results. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Analyze and document existing life, annuities, and health products into requirements for the IT platform development team.
• Work with information technology professionals to develop systems to ensure compliance with requirements of regulatory bodies.
• Oversees product implementation process, ensuring solution integrates properly, costs are justified and appropriate.
• Understand pricing methodology for products
• Communicate updates to and solicit improvements from key business partners
• Bachelor’s degree is required
• Minimum of 2 years of actuarial experience required with FSA/ASA; Minimum of 4 years of actuarial experience required without FSA or ASA
• Actuarial experience with whole life, universal life, term, annuities, disability income, long-term care and/or group insurance experience preferred
• Preferred Experience with Product Development and Tax laws
• Proven ability to influence business partners
• Strong team player, willing to perform in roles that assist as well as lead
• Superior technical skills and ability to understand complex quantitative concepts and models
• Strong communication skills to be able to explain complex concepts to non-actuarial business partners
Want to be a sponsor?