Global Atlantic is one of the fastest growing companies in the Life and Annuity industry.1 Were focused on the U.S. retirement and life insurance markets with a broad range of annuities and life insurance options, as well as reinsurance solutions. Our success is driven by competitive, innovative product designs, leading investment management and integrated risk management, along with highly experienced leadership.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
1 Based on LIMRA reports for companies with more than $250 million in annual sales, 2012-2016
Global Atlantics Life Product Development team is looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst to join the Des Moines office. The individual will get first-hand experience in the pricing, design and product development of new, innovative life insurance products. This fast-paced role requires an actuary that possesses not only excellent analytical skills, but also a creative spirit and excellent communication skills. Key responsibilities include:
- Participating in the development of new, innovative life insurance products
- Developing models and performing thorough and timely pricing and risk analysis, including both statutory and GAAP profitability measures
- Assisting in the development of products that meets profitability, risk management and competitive objectives
- Supporting the preparation of pricing documentation and the development of actuarial materials for forms filing initiatives
- Assisting in the researching function by quickly developing models that provide an accurate representation of the profitability of new product ideas
- Utilizing critical and creative thinking to develop modeling and design solutions for new, innovative product ideas
- Working independently on Ad Hoc requests reporting results in a timely and professional manner
- Education and experience equivalent to a four-year college degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, finance, or other related field is required
- One to three years of experience in the life insurance industry is preferred
- Passage of at least one exam on the path to becoming a Member of the Society of Actuaries and intent to complete the necessary requirements for Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries required
- Knowledge of individual life and indexed products preferred
- Experience with Excel
- Knowledge of modeling software, especially MG ALFA, preferred
- Good analytical skills, with the ability to draw conclusions from research and communicate results
Global Atlantic is an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?