Chicago, IL, United States
Actuarial Consultant Reserving (P&C)','ACT0000JK','','','!*!Job Summary
Under technical direction performs actuarial studies of a moderately complex
nature to be used in determining pricing and rating plans or reserve strategies
for a product line or segment in P&C.Essential
Duties & Responsibilities:Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental
guidelines.Performs actuarial calculations moderately complex actuarial
studies and develops rates for existing and/or new business.Participates in the development of pricing strategies and/or new
pricing tools with a focus of driving profitability for a product line or
segment.Prepares or coordinates the preparation of the actuarial portions
of financial statements and tax returns which may include assisting in the
financial close process.Prepares or coordinates the preparation of standard reports as
well as special reports for management.Facilitates communication and provides guidance to Underwriting
regarding the pricing of new and/or existing business and collaborates with
other functional groups (e.g. Underwriting Claim Finance) on actuarial issues.May prepare and submit rate filings and may contact regulatory and
state agencies as necessary.
May participate in special projects.
Director or above Skills Knowledge
1. Solid knowledge of core functions of an insurance company general insurance
actuarial and statistical concepts.
2. Demonstrated technical expertise and product specific knowledge.
3. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively
resolve moderately complex situations and issues. Demonstrates attention to
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively
interact with all levels of CNA?s internal and external business partners.
5. Ability to work independently as well in a team manage time and resources to
accomplish multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
6. Good time management with strong organizational skills and the ability to
prioritize and manage work deliverables effectively.
7. Ability to exercise independent judgment and make critical business
decisions effectively within scope of authority based on data analyses and
8. Ability to adapt to change and value diverse opinions and ideas.
9. Ability to comprehend business data and metrics and to further articulate
analyses of actuarial data within internal reports.
10. Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related
software systems including processing systems and applications.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent.
2. Typically a two to four years of related work experience and at
least three to five successfully completed CAS exams. May include those with
their Associateship.*LI-JM2','CNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture. M/F/D/V.','CNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture. M/F/D/V.','Actuarial','United States-Illinois-Chicago','','ACTUARY Casualty','Dec 10, 2018','Ongoing','','false','Actuarial Consultant Reserving (P&C)
Website : http://www.cna.com/
Since 1897, CNA has been providing outstanding service and an ongoing commitment to building long-term relationships, earning us a reputation for being a carrier that inspires trust. At CNA, we take pride in our ability to offer innovative products and services that meet the evolving needs of our customers and business partners alike. As the 7th largest U.S. commercial insurer and the 13th largest U.S. property & casualty insurer, we provide insurance protection to more than one million businesses and professionals in the U.S. and internationally. We understand the importance of being where our customers are. Headquartered in Chicago, CNA has offices throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. In these locations, we work with highly professional independent agents and brokers to ensure our customers receive the personal service and attention they look for in a carrier.