$55,000 - $60,000
The Health Care Analyst is responsible for maintaining the Actuarial Views. The Health Care Analyst will work closely with the actuarial team and Enterprise Data Repository (EDR) team to ensure that the Actuarial Views continue to meet the data requirements and to update the Views for requirement changes. The Health Care Analyst is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in health care data and informatics, including holistic view of company wide datasets included in the EDR. The detailed knowledge of business process, business rules and a solid understanding of the systems that support such business functions at BCBSVT is expected. Strong business acumen, coupled with the ability to communicate findings to both the business and EDR team in a way that can influence how an organization approaches a business challenge is essential.
1. Ensure that the data in the Actuarial Views is complete and reconciles to financial data
2. Work with EDR team to fix issues
3. Work with EDR team when changes to the EDR necessitate changes to the Views
4. Help actuarial team identify and define data elements not included in Views and work to create requirements to add them to the Views
5. Maintain the Actuarial Views Data Dictionary
6. Help actuarial team with ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES):
• Strong understanding of health insurance, managed care, accounting principles and strong product knowledge. • Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, PPT, SAS • Strong written and oral communication skills. • Strong interpersonal skills, including negotiation skills. • Strong analytical skills. • Strong organizational skills, prioritize, multitask abilities, work in fast paced environment
1. BS/BA in Actuarial Science, Business, Medical Informatics or closely related field or equivalent experience required.
2. 3 - 5 years of experience in actuarial science or data analysis, data integration, with 2 years in health industry
3. Working knowledge of SAS preferred.
4. Background in actuarial science preferred.
5. Experience in planning and supporting the gathering of data requirements is required.
Finance, Healthcare, Insurance
Mid Level (2-10 years experience)
$55,000 - $60,000