Colorado Springs, CO, United States
Actuarial Analyst - PS15713
Location: United States
Requisition #: PS15713
Post Date: 10 hours ago
Anthem Inc. is one of the nation's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem Inc., we are dedicated to improving the lives of the people we serve and the health of our communities. Anthem Inc. strives to simplify the connection between health, care, and value for our customers.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine
The Actuarial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing, developing and validating statistical data. Essential duties to include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Under limited supervision, applies the appropriate actuarial analytical tools to the data and performs preliminary actuarial and statistical analysis.
• Updates actuarial models as directed.
• Collects and refines appropriate data for actuarial analysis and ensures its reasonableness and accuracy, in addition to identifying and resolving errors.
• Ability to suggest creative methods to enhance the effectiveness of processes and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
• At least one actuarial exam completed
• Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong PC skills and good problem-solving skills
• Skilled with Microsoft software such as Excel, Access, Visual Basic and Word
• Knowledge of actuarial and statistical modeling techniques used in actuarial projections
Anthem Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at www.antheminc.com/careers. EOE
Website : http://www.antheminc.com
The company was formed when WellPoint Health Networks Inc. and Anthem, Inc. merged in 2004 to become the nation's leading health benefits company. The parent company originally assumed the WellPoint, Inc. name at the time of the merger. In December 2014, WellPoint, Inc. changed its corporate name to Anthem, Inc. The Anthem brand is built on a foundation of trust – it’s the name consumers are most familiar with as a trusted health care partner through our affiliated health plans. Anthem, Inc. is one of the largest health benefits companies in the United States. Through its affiliated health plans, Anthem companies deliver a number of leading health benefit solutions through a broad portfolio of integrated health care plans and related services, along with a wide range of specialty products such as life and disability insurance benefits, dental, vision, behavioral health benefit services, as well as long term care insurance and flexible spending accounts. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Anthem, Inc. is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association serving members in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin; and specialty plan members in other states.