Please note, this role can be filled as part of our Actuarial Student Rotational Program for a candidate meeting requirements for entry into the program. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply.
Overview of the Position
This position partners with The Hartford's National Accounts and Captives teams in providing actuarial guidance and support. The National Accounts segment writes loss sensitive large commercial accounts that are individually priced, often with tailored policy coverages. The Captives segment offers unique insurance arrangements where Captive members share and pool insurance risk on the primary layer, while The Hartford retains excess layer risk. Pricing both types of risks requires the use of complex WC, GL, and Auto rating tools which the actuarial team builds, maintains, and utilizes.
* Provide insightful account-specific analyses that enable the business to price new and renewal policies and to set collateral levels as accurately as possible. This will require the actuary to challenge the status quo and think creatively as well as to communicate difficult concepts to business partners.
* Maintain and improve actuarial pricing tools used by the underwriting team.
* Develop and communicate book impacts of pricing variable changes.
* Create and enhance methods of developing various pricing factors.
* Find creative and innovative solutions to interesting and challenging business problems.
Experience & Skills:
* Near/recent FCAS, career ACAS or non-credentialed candidates with strong actuarial work experience preferred. Near/recent FSA considered.
* Very strong technical and analytical skills with a solid understanding of fundamental actuarial pricing technics. Experience pricing excess insurance is a plus.
* Good communication skills - both oral and written, formal and informal; effective at communicating actuarial issues to non-actuarial partners
* Innovative and willing to use/create non-standard techniques to solve unique problems
* Proactive individual, who challenges existing processes, can influence others and drive a process to a conclusion while meeting critical deadlines
Behaviors at the Hartford
* Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers
* Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford
* Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others
* Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
NO AGENCIES PLEASE