Requisition ID *******
Job Family US-TX-The Woodlands
Aon is looking for a Health and Benefits Actuarial Consultant (Southwestern Region)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health & Benefits business group within Aon. The Actuarial Consultant can sit within our preferred actuarial offices in the Southwestern region offices: Dalla and The Woodlands/Houston, TX. We will also consider candidates located near Aon offices in the following cities: Los Angeles, San Francisco, Irvine, CA; Denver, CO; Chicago, IL and Atlanta, GA.
This role will assist the lead actuary and consultants on assigned large accounts and manage/lead smaller actuarial engagements. Travel will be less than 10%.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assist in strategy development and costing of scenarios related to strategy discussions
* Work with client to identify relevant cost measures
* Assist in benchmarking discussions with clients, including strategy evolution as a result of benchmarking data
* Understand and project savings/costs related to plan design or provider network changes
* Set, and where appropriate review, health care budget rate for self-insured plans; present results to client
* Review employee contribution rate development; present results to client
* Perform supporting analysis for IBNP reserve development
* Develop models to evaluate cost-saving scenarios
* Assist the team in sales situations, representing the financial scope of work
* Mentor and delegate work to other actuarial students as appropriate
* Develop client reports and correspondence
* Seek and provide peer review to ensure high quality client deliverables
* Solicit credentialed actuarial review where appropriate
* Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of group systems, products and technology, and have a thorough understanding of how these relate to group insurance consulting.
* Develop/Improve general consulting skills, knowledge, and exposure
* Bachelors degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics or Statistics, or related fields
* Health and Benefits/Welfare actuarial background
* Previous experience at a Human Resources Consulting firm, Outsourcing firm, Broker or Health Insurance Carrier
* Good communication skills, both written and oral
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
* Near ASA to FSA
* Client presentation skills required
* 4-8 years actuarial work experience
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aons employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.aon.com
Aon plc is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. Through its more than 62,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions.