Principal Financial Services, Inc
Atlanta, GA, United States
Principal Financial Group is seeking a pension actuary to provide actuarial consulting services for our clients.
Primary duties and responsibilities would include:
• Provide top quality actuarial services to Defined Benefit and OPEB clients
• Supervision of core actuarial deliverables
• Proactively provide clients with creative and strategic consulting solutions to help them manage their retirement plans
• Lead client meetings to identify client's needs, clarify expectations, help set retirement strategic directions and goals, and deliver results and consulting advice
• Ensure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations. Apply professional standards of the American Academy of Actuaries and the Society of Actuaries in their work
• Contribute to the development of fellow staff and enhancement of our actuarial consulting
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
• A Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA), or global equivalent, or Enrolled Actuary.
• 5 years of pension actuarial experience required.
• Knowledge of pertinent laws, regulations, the Actuarial Standards of Practice promulgated by the Actuarial Standards Board, and the Code of Professional Conduct of the AAA and the SoA is required.
• Must maintain continuing education requirements as specified by the SOA or AAA.
• Good communication skills and knowledge of spreadsheet and database or similar PC software packages, or ability to learn, are preferred.
This position is open to Atlanta, GA, Des Moines, IA, Pittsburgh, PA.
Benefits designed with you in mind.
Because each employee is unique, our benefit packages give you lots of choices. We offer comprehensive benefits that helps contribute to the healthy, fulfilling life and gratifying work experience you deserve, at an affordable cost. Click here
to see just a few benefits you’ll receive once you join our team.
Not an exact match for this role?
We’ve got a lot of opportunities, so check out some of the others. And creating an email alert on our career site will help you keep you connected and informed of opportunities you’re interested in with a just a few clicks!
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates who would need sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principal Financial Services, Inc
Website : http://www.principal.com
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) is a leading global financial company offering businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services. Our range of products and services includes retirement solutions, insurance, wellness programs, and investment and banking products through our diverse family of financial services companies and national network of financial professionals.