Requisition ID *******
Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for a Senior Actuarial Analyst with our Aon Benfield Group
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Aon Benfield business group. The qualified candidate can be based out of our Chicago office.
Your Impact as a Senior Actuarial Analyst
Primary role is to support clients as requested by supervisor or brokers, across virtually any client project or internal research assignment. Analysts are expected to develop proficiencies in completing standard analyses, while also taking part in more advanced analyses as needed. You will become familiar with Aons tools and approach, contribute to their development and present Aons solutions and services to our clients. Secondary role is to assist in pricing parameter updates and market research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work with colleagues (brokers, analytics and others) to identify and respond to client needs and develop additional opportunities related to products and services
* Inventory and manage data related to analysis of reinsurance transactions
* Analyze the costs and benefits of risk transferred under reinsurance agreements via pricing analysis and dynamic risk modeling with limited guidance
* Understand reinsurance contracts and products (terminology, terms and conditions)
* Prepare client-ready presentations to communicate analysis results to brokers and clients
* Manage workflow proactively
* Take initiative on internal projects to improve processes, products or services
* Take ownership and responsibility for quality, accuracy and timely completion of analysis
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 2 to 4 years of experience in a Property and Casualty actuarial role
* Reinsurance and/or primary experience preferred
* 2 to 5 Actuarial Exams passed
* Ability to work independently and in team environment
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
* Ability to identify and resolve problems, think creatively, strategically and analytically
* Strong ability to understand and perform mathematical and statistical calculations
* Extensive knowledge of MS Office suite of products (particularly Excel)
* Programming / Database / R, and/or VBA or SQL abilities a plus
* Dynamic Financial Analysis or Economic Capital Modeling experience a plus
Degree required in the field of Actuarial, Math, Economics, Finance or related degree.
About Aon Benfield:
Aon Benfield Analytics is the technical consulting arm of Aon Benfield, the worlds largest reinsurance intermediary. We are a multi-disciplinary team of professionals with expertise in actuarial science, accounting, tax, insurance/securities law, underwriting, catastrophe modeling and financial disciplines. We pride ourselves on our strength in product design and creativity. We are fully involved in all aspects of the broking process, namely origination (winning and growing clients), structuring (designing products to solve their risk management/financing problems) and execution (placing these products with reinsurers and investors).
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit *******.
We offer you:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aons employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.aon.com
Aon plc is the leading global provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing. Through its more than 62,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon delivers distinctive client value via innovative and effective risk management and workforce productivity solutions.