or email this job
to apply later
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (New York Life or the company) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Lifes surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A ; Fitch AAA; Moodys Aaa; Standard & Poors AA . (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanitythe values upon which New York Life was foundedhave guided the companys decisions and actions for over 170 years.
New York Life is home to over 175 credentialed actuaries across our offices. We offer many opportunities for growth including the opportunity to rotate as an FSA every few years. Through monthly lunches with internal presenters and an annual reception, there are ample opportunities to network and meet actuaries throughout the company.
Open Positions will vary, potential roles could include:
- responsible for product development efforts for individual life, corporate life insurance products or annuity products
ALM Analytics (life and annuity
) - uses asset-liability analysis to achieve a variety of financial, investment and business objectives for the Company's business
Financial Risk Management Solutions(FRMS)
- FRMS is responsible for supporting Asset-Liability Modeling (ALM) and analytics on an enterprise level. FRMS performs Stochastic Required Capital (SRC), Investment Risk Budget (Free Surplus at Risk) and Embedded Value at Risk analysis.
- responsible for Stat, GAAP, Tax actuarial balances supporting the business.
may include UW, Agency Compensation, Product Management and Strategy roles.
FSA designation in the Society of Actuaries.
Member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
Completion of SOA and AAA general and position-specific continuing education requirements
Minimum of 4 years of previous actuarial experience.
College degree is required.
Possess knowledge of life insurance and annuity products.
Possess strong technical and analytical skills.
Possess strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
Be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and various pricing, forecasting, or valuation platforms.
Possess strong individual accountability.
Possess high quality of work ethic while remaining committed to corporate values.
Have strong oral and written communication skills.
Have a strong sense of ownership and ability to manage projects independently.
Have the ability to present to senior leaders, as well as peers, in a clear manner, fostering dialogue and helping to drive decisions.
Possess ability to manage projects effectively.
Have the ability to multi-task with shifting priorities, with a high degree of urgency under tight deadlines.
Have the ability to build relationships and collaborate with a wide range of teams across the organization.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please ****.
Based on revenue as reported by Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual), Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See
Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the companys long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Companys profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***..
New York Life Insurance Co