Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance
Confirm contact information to apply:
, and agree to receive email job alerts.
Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust.
That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing.
In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people.
We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal
action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What’s the Role?
• As an Illustrations Business Analyst, determine, document and communicate detailed insurance calculation requirements for developers and testing resources. Build relationships with the Actuarial department, and other business clients, including product management and insurance processing clients. Analyze complex interactions with existing functionality; build test criteria and test scenarios to ensure the Illustrations application produces accurate policy values. Design and develop testing tools that product insurance policy values to increase testing efficiency. Work with application and technical experts on the solution design, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement of the information systems utilizing agile methods.
• Partners with business functions, product management, and engineering to determine, analyze, and document business domain language and data for requirements and graph data relationships throughout system components and services.
• Assists with or conducts solution assessment, testing validation, and/or reviews test plans/methodology to ensure that functional and technical specifications meet the identified business needs. Assists with problem analysis as needed. Escalates issues for additional analysis and resolution as appropriate.
• Develops positive relationships with both the business and other functions involved in upstream and downstream technical processes.
What this role needs:
• College, university, or equivalent degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, MIT or a related subject required.
• 2 - 5 years of relevant work experience required.
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and dedication to accuracy.
• Experience in Excel desired.
• Experience in agile methodologies a plus.
• Knowledge of NM’s risk products or general insurance calculation principles a plus.
• Prior Illustrations exposure is a plus.
• P2 or P3 level available based on experience.
Regular Full Time
Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance
Website : http://www.northwesternmutual.com/
Founded in 1857, our company has lived through the Civil War, the Crash of 1929, the Great Depression, two world wars, and numerous recessions. Our experience is extensive. We are well-positioned to help you manage financial risk and achieve financial security in today's complex world. Read more: Mutual Company Advantages | Northwestern Mutual