Principal Financial Services, Inc
Des Moines, IA, United States
Do you have strong Defined Benefit knowledge? Experience working with Lynchval?
If so, check out this great opportunity to join our Plan Coding team within Defined Benefit!
As a Defined Benefit Actuary, you will identify and recommend opportunities for improvements related to complex systems, projects, and services. In addition, you will lead and coordinate major project components to support Defined Benefit.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Set up administrative systems for defined benefit calculations, including the programming of complex and unusual benefits using Lynchval.
• Calculating manual benefit calculations for setting up, testing and validating administrative systems.
• Assist in the completion of assigned special projects, including gathering and organizing information/data, processing benefit calculations, and analysis.
• Provide pension technical assistance to business partners involving research, calculation expertise and analysis, and solving questions and problems
• Training and development of team members
• Being involved in complex, escalated client issues to correct issues with calculations
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent of 8 years’ experience) with a degree in Math, Actuarial Science, Statistics, or major in an analytical field
• 6 years of work related experience in defined benefit pension field required.
Successful candidates will have the following:
• Strong mathematical, technical and analytical skills along with keen attention to detail.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, presentation and communication skills.
• Passion for solving problems and sharing solutions. Initiate and/or participate in meetings with other areas to solve problems. Communicate technical benefit calculations in layman's terms to internal and/or external parties.
• Strong decision making and organizational skills.
• Must have strong mentoring, interpersonal and listening skills.
• Ability to interpret complex plan provisions.
• Must be able to handle a heavy workload and ability to prioritize.
• High integrity and discretion to ensure the confidentiality of sensitive client data.
• A strong understanding all regulatory items that affect participant calculations is necessary to ensure administrative system calculations are correct
• A Fellow of Society of Actuaries (FSA) is highly preferred.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of business analytics, SQL, programming languages or queries using such tools as Business Objects, Crystal Reports or Microsoft Access is preferred.
• Defined Benefit actuarial experience is a preferred; Enrolled Actuary designation is a plus.
This position may be located in Atlanta, GA, Des Moines, IA or Pittsburgh, PA.
Benefits designed with you in mind.
Because each employee is unique, our benefit packages give you lots of choices. We offer comprehensive benefits that helps contribute to the healthy, fulfilling life and gratifying work experience you deserve, at an affordable cost. Click here
to see just a few benefits you’ll receive once you join our team.
Not an exact match for this role?
We’ve got a lot of opportunities, so check out some of the others. And creating an email alert on our career site will help you keep you connected and informed of opportunities you’re interested in with a just a few clicks!
At this time, we're not able to consider candidates who would need sponsorship now or in the future or those needing work authorization for this role. (This includes students on F1-OPT, F1-CPT, J-1, etc.) However, we’d hope you continue to keep us in mind for other potential opportunities in the future.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Principal Financial Services, Inc
Website : http://www.principal.com
The Principal Financial Group® (The Principal®) is a leading global financial company offering businesses, individuals and institutional clients a wide range of financial products and services. Our range of products and services includes retirement solutions, insurance, wellness programs, and investment and banking products through our diverse family of financial services companies and national network of financial professionals.