The individual will be an integral part of the Statutory and Tax Valuation team within the Individual Annuity Valuation area, which is responsible for reporting and analyzing the risks of the Annuities business. This position focuses on Variable Annuities. The primary objective of the role will be to perform key financial reporting responsibilities for Statutory and Tax reserves as well as Required Capital for the Annuities business. Some other key aspects of the individual's role will include performing attribution and sensitivity analysis for Statutory and Tax Reserve balances, clearly interpreting results, and being a key contributor in highly visible projects pertaining to financial reporting as well risk management of the business. This position will involve problem solving and creating solutions for ad-hoc requests. It is part of a dynamic team whose functions are critical to the success of the Individual Annuities business.
The individual’s responsibilities may include:
• Contributing to the quarterly/annual Annuities Statutory and Tax reporting and analysis deliverables
• Presenting results to management, business partners and Corporate Actuarial leaders
• Working closely with Annuities Finance and Corporate Actuarial for all Statutory reporting deliverables
• Collaborating with Actuarial Modeling team and IT area to implement improvements in GGY Axis valuation model and to update valuation processes for new assumptions, products, and methodologies
• Supporting annual rating agency surveys
• Addressing requests from various external functions –Risk Management, Treasurer, Hedging, Internal Audit, etc.
• Enhancing analytics tools and processes
• Ad hoc research
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• ASA or near ASA
• Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access/SQL
• Programming experience in any language a plus
• Experience with Variable Annuities or Guaranteed Living Benefits a plus
• Experience with Principles Based Reserves and Capital a plus
• Bachelor's degree or higher in actuarial science, mathematics, or related quantitative fields
• At least 3 years of experience in relevant fields
Want to be a sponsor?